The 5 principles of Reiki are an integral part of a Reiki practitioners lifestyle. If you have no heard about Reiki yet, let me give you a quick intro this this wonderful healing modality. The 5 principles of Reiki serve as a lifestyle guide to Reiki Masters and practitioners. These principles are so simple but so important and embody the real essence of Reiki, which is love and compassion. Let me take you through each of the Reiki 5 principles and explain to you how you can adopt them to live a more happy and fulfilling life.
5 Principles of Reiki explained:
The First Reiki Principle: Just for Today, I will Not be Angry
The first Reiki principle is all about embracing inner peace and letting go of any anger. By practicing this principle, you can significantly reduce any stress and anxiety that you may be experiencing in your life. And by letting go of stress you can really improve your overall health and wellbeing. The first of th 5 principles of Reiki, is not just about avoiding any negative thoughts and behaviors that crop up, but also making a concious effort about replacing these negative thoughts with more positive ones.
How to Practice the First Reiki Principle:
- Try and Take deep and slow breaths when you notice you are feeling angry or upset
- Then Reframe the negative thoughts into more positive ones
- Make an effort practicing mindfulness and gratitude
- Surrounding yourself with positive people really helps
- Focus on that which makes you happy
The Second Reiki Principle: Just for Today, I will Not Worry
The second Reiki principle is reminding you to lett go of worry and finding a more peaceful state of mind. When you worry, it is easy to become overwhelmed and consumed by negative and distructive thoughts. This always thends to lead to more stress and anxiety, having a negative impact on your health. If you are diligent and make an effort to practice this principle, you will for sure be able to find more inner peace and counter any stress that may be present in your life.
How to Practice the Second Reiki Principle:
- A great way to counter any worry is to practice mindfulness and to try and focus on the present moment not on what may or may not happen in the future
- Jouraling is great. Take your favorite notebook and write down your worries thinking about solutions on how to counter them
- Make time for self-care, and treat yourself. It is sometimes the small things that really make a difference. Take a long hot bath, light a candle and prepare your favorite tea is sometimes all it takes to feel more at peace
- As above it is very helpful to have positive and supportive people around and not those who may not have your best interest at heart
- Make sure to involved in hobbies that bring you joy and happiness. Go for a long walk, take a pottery class of read a book of your choice
- Guided Meditation is also a great way to counter worry and anxiety. You can check out my free guided meditation podcast here
The Third Reiki Principle: Just for Today, I will be Grateful
It may sound cliched but it is true. Practcing Gratitude is one of the most powerful tools that we can employ to improve our holistic wellness. When you make a conscious effort to focus on what you are thankful for, you are able to shift your attention away from any negative thoughts and feelings that you have been harbouring. This will really help you to overcome stress and improve your overall wellbeing.
How to Practice the Third Reiki Principle:
- Take time each day to reflect on what you are grateful for and write it all down
- Again journalling is a great practice for gratefulness. Keep a seperate gratitude journal and try to write down all the things you’re thankful for daily. This works best in the evening before you go to bed
- Try to practice mindfulness and be thankful to be alive in the present moment
- Make sure to focus on the good things in life, no matter how small and insignificant they may seem. The small things make up your experiences
The Fourth Reiki Principle: Just for Today, I will Do My Work Honestly
The fourth Reiki principle is all about being honest and true to yourself. When you do your work with integrity, you will build trust and respect, not only with others but also with yourself. So, this principle reminds you to be responsible for your own actions and setting the intention to make positive choices that align with your real values.
How to Practice the Fourth Reiki Principle:
- Always be true to yourself and your own values
- Make sure to take responsibility and own up to your actions and decisions
- Try to always be honest with others, even if it feels difficult at the time
- Be diligent of reflecting on your actions and try to continuously improve yourself
The Fifth Reiki Principle: Just for Today, I will Be Kind to Every Living Thing
The fifth and final Reiki principle is reminding us to treat all living beings with kindness and compassion. And this includes not just people, but also animals, plants, and our environment. When you treat others with compassion, kindness and respect, you actually create a positive ripple effect that can improve not only your own relationships and overall well-being, but those of others as well. Do you remember the movie, Pay it forward? If not make sure to watch it, its amazing.
How to Practice the Fifth Reiki Principle:
- Always speak kindly to and about others and make sure to treat everyone with the respect that you expect from others
- Be empathic to others and put yourself in their shoes before reacting
- Always take care of the environment and all living beings
- A great way of practicing more kindness is to volunteer or help those in need, for example you can ask if they need any help at an animal shelter or you can ask an eldery neighbour if you can run an errant for the. However small the gesture, it is the intention that counts
5 Principles of Reiki FAQs
Q: How can practicing the 5 principles of Reiki improve my well-being?
A: If you embrace the 5 principles of reiki, you can reduce stress and anxiety, find inner peace, and improve your relationships. By adopting the Reiki 5 principles you can live a more fulfilling life by cultivating more positive thoughts, behaviors, and actions.
Q: Do I need to be a Reiki practitioner to benefit from the 5 principles of Reiki?
A: No, you do not need to be a Reiki practitioner to benefit from the 5 principles of Reiki. Anyone can practice these universal principles and experience the wonderful effect they have on their wellbeing.
5 principles of Reiki Summed up:
The 5 Reiki principles are simple, yet so meaningful. Thy fullly embody the spirit of Reiki which is pure love. Just by practicing each of these principles on a daily basis, you making a significant improvement towards living a more fulfilling life. So just embrace the 5 Reiki principles with the tips I have given below and take notice on how they can transform your life for the better day by day.
If you would like to learn more about Reiki energy healing I am currently offering a free reiki level 1 course. Enroll today and gain your reiki level 1 certification. The course also offers a live complimentary group attunement via zoom, which is always powerful and healing experience. I also am running a special offer on all reiki levels, so if you are intersted in becoming a reiki master, I suggest you enroll today.
Sending lots of love, light and blessings